Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Java on chip

Thinking abt java on chip cos I enclosed abt my knowledge of it in my resume. Do I really dip into enough to describe my expertize. Well it is not so important cos it is now in Singapore (the symbol of Orchid). Well most want to use java on chip. Why?
1. oop based programming environment which provides well defined software implementation structure and programming reuse.
2. Platform independent. I think they are targeting to develop the application which is devices independent (without recompiling and doing re-verification to migrate other device platforms)
3. Pro of VM execution environment such as security checks and on the fly debugging.
4. Abstract nature of java which makes it extremely portable.

But it cant be used in every embedded system development. Why?
1. I doubt that it met with strict limitations of hard real time system.
2. Java is basically defined on 32 bit platform.
3. The size of all VM + application code + API codes + necessary library source.

No comments: