Monday, December 19, 2005

my dilemma of forecasting

The dilemma of forecasting

Such a big word for me he he.
Well forecasting it is so tricky and bias to me as a student who don’t have time to cook and no enough money to go eat at the canteen……….becoming ever hungry. He he well well some research work on forecasting says that
Optimism and wishful thinking: that can induce one to which he wants to be. Overconfidence: that’s the one I ever encounter I think. Sometimes I think I am a better forecaster than I really am . The False Consensus Effect: that the way I think that others do and think like i do, may be cos in my childhood, my mother taught I should consider the others as I am whenever I say or do something upon them. She should have taught me like I should find out that they would like the things that I said to them or did upon them. The curse of knowledge: I ever heard someone says that if u get the state of knowledge, u will never get to the original state again. That’s the problem! If u learn something and that can be less obvious to the others who are less informed. So the better optimized solution is don’t go to the game! That’s a kind of win-win position. Ha ha

No comments: