Monday, December 19, 2005

some personal comment on the "can Japan compete"

People talk abt it so so often. And it's my reference book for my next term sub on the global operation management. i have no significant idea that whether my low grades in the first term or this book, may be both give/s me some impact turning me out into the business strategy more and more. That’s another story.

Well i think that the name is not so good to the aims of the book’s ingredient. Anyway, i feel like very satisfied while i am going through cos may be i also like pointing out the faults critically. The book shows the quick fixes aren’t going to be the ans. What they really needs is the real change in their strategy. I heard some scholar insisted that Japan never grew up. I don’t know how they measure it with what ruler…..

In truth, I never know that only small num of Japanese companies have competitive edge.
They also have the inherent government intervention like limiting and regulating competition in industries. That makes the country business uncompetitive, inefficient and less productive. That simply shows the Japanese government policy actually did not work.

May be I think it will be very hard for the Japanese government to make the necessary policy changes because first they must know what’s wrong with them and then how to fix them. Do relatively old officials will accept the changes and such and such…………………..

No comments: